BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
plz practice conservation of histo presto eye blinks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Dec 2007 08:26:02 -0500
Cuyler Page wrote:
> If some of those kids-become-adults are trying to ban recess as their
> strategy to accomplish the same thing, maybe the Belgrade Aphorism
> Circle has it right when they ask, "Why shouldn't we be proud of our
> history, when every day is worse than the previous one."   Wonder if
> they have an aphorism for the status quo.
Cuyler,

When he was younger we sent our son to a progressive public school in
the Village where my wife's two older children had also gone. It was a
school that encouraged parents to be involved. So I went to one of the
parent sessions and immediately got embroiled in an argument with
another parent along the lines that they felt the classroom was too
chaotic and that there should be fewer students per room. I countered
that I wanted our son to be exposed to as much chaos as possible as it
is an inevitable human tendency to make order out of chaos. Better that
the kids learn to deal with chaos now in a relatively safe environment
than later in life when there is not the support system to bolster them.
That argument did not go over so well with the progressive adults. After
that I told my wife she had best handle the social side of the
schooling. I smile a lot.

I was certainly not happy though when in recess at another school in
Brooklyn he got hit in the head with a baseball bat for standing too
close to the batter. But he won't do that again.

As to that radiation... I had/have second cousins removed or whatever
level of relation that was that were thalidomide babies. The family sold
Masey Ferguson tractors. I distinctly remember them having very
shortened arms with small hands without all the usual digits and
disfigured faces. I always wondered why. As far as I know the US
government has never owned up to their experiments in seeding the East
Coast atmosphere with radiation. It is the responsibility and potential
pay-back if they did own up that is one of the arguments given for why
the US government plays down the relevance of Chernobyl to all of us.
Face it, when you see the white flash there is no need to count. Though
the chances of their being no flash to see with a benign discharge are
fairly high.

][<en