BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Is this the list with all the ivy haters?"
Date:
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 12:08:06 EST
In a message dated 12/22/99 1:07:02 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> To be honest with you, I worry more about the 3-beer lunch guys than the
>  wacky weed guys. There are a lot more of em.

Michael,

Having worked with, around, and as both at one time or another I prefer
neither. I'm into ZERO tolerance in my old age. Once had a head foreman who
walked over to adjust his radio and fell through a hole in the concrete floor
that was so small if he had farted blueberries he would have got stuck. Broke
both his legs and I got promoted. The crew was not so happy 'cause I stopped
the morning, mid-morning, lunch, brunch, wrap-up smoke-ins and reported them
in writing to the owner who was eventually himself busted for dealing coke
and had to sell off a few race horses. I never quite got over that. As to the
3-beer... try being the skinny book reading project manager and stealing the
6-pack out of the Italian subcontractor bricklayer foreman's personal jeep
and not getting the b'geezes kicked out of ya. That was fun.

][<en