BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jim Hicks <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "where heavy conservationists hang out"
Date:
Tue, 3 Aug 1999 07:10:25 EDT
Wm. Rose;
Maybe I should have done this back channel. Anyway, dogleg is a golfing term
that refers to the bend in a fairway. The reason I ask is that Mike Ryan (or
one of them) lives in my building and is a sports writer. He saw me come in
and out of the building with my golf clubs and we are always jockying the
alt. side parking at the same time and have struck up a half assed freindship
since we share so many common traits (we're old tall white guys).
Anyway after a while he gave me his book 'Dogleg Madness' contrasting an Open
tuorny at Shinnakook (sp ?) golf club in LI and small contest in TX where he
is form.
He still drives this older red Toyota with TX plates.
He and his wife are away on vac. at the present, but when they get back I'll
say hi for you.

jim