BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Becker, Dan" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Apr 2008 11:45:23 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: The listserv where the buildings do the talking on behalf of Gabriel Orgrease
Sent: Fri 4/18/2008 9:22 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [BP] trip on I-80, Chicago to NYC

> [log in to unmask] wrote:
>
>> On the way back, I want to show her some of the late, great industrial
>> power of this country - empty steel mills, that sort of thing, so she
>> knows what went on before we all became Service Personnel.
>>
>> I note we go through Gary and Youngstown - any suggestions?
>> ---Christopher

> Downtown Cleveland.

Yes, this was going to be my suggestion. A couple years back was the big preservation controversy about whether to remove the Hulett Ore Loaders on the waterfront.

<http://blogonthecity.blogspot.com/2006_06_01_archive.html>

Don't know the current status and whether they are still there or not. My recollection is that they were moving to a decision to leave one as a representative example, but I have nothing more detailed than that.

You can then visit the Rock & Roll Museum there (cough, yawn).

dan ohio is a great state to be from becker