BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "where heavy conservationists hang out"
Date:
Mon, 2 Aug 1999 17:12:31 EDT
In a message dated 8/2/99 10:07:19 AM Eastern Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

> Wider Opportunities for Woman (WOW)

Well COD, this is interesting.

For several months on the LIE (Long Island Expressway) I have been seeing
these homemade signs that say W O W. I have been perplexed as to their
meaning. I had not the remotest idea that the National Trust would be
involved. At first I thought it was for salespeople of food supplements, like
vitamins and such. Then I thought it had to be a religious movement, a new
cult only for drivers. What started as a few descrete signs in rear windows
quickly turned into a mass of signs made with paint, dirt, and hand swipes in
greasy road dust. In one case I think a rouge lipstick was used.

Being contrary I almost made my own sign out of cardboard with glitter
sequins to say M O M. I'm happy that I did not as I would probably have been
run off the road by some irrate mother-loving patriot. (Note: rear window of
my car already says, "NO REAR SEAT.")

Eventually I discovered that WOW means something like, "Whippit Out
Wednesday." This refers to two talking males on a radio station who on
Wednesdays foam at the mouth, wax poetic, and otherwise act like regular dumb
dicks.

The idea is that if a woman sees WOW on a vehicle while driving down the road
that they will be overcome with exstacy and immediatly lift their whatever
clothing and reveal their naked selves. Sounds like more driving fun than
dropping your cell phone between the seats. Reports from a few of our
employees  in the know is that the results are significantly less than
expectations. We have not had reports of signs on our scaffolds.

And here I thought the WOW phenomena had nothing to do with historic
preservation.

][<en