BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mike Devonshire <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Is this the list with all the ivy haters?"
Date:
Wed, 29 Dec 1999 21:29:04 EST
MIchael-

I am with Ralph on the three reasons for crying- until later of course when
new teeth start a whole new ball game.

I have made it a point not to give parental advice, HOWEVER, I will let you
in on something we tried which, had I a few more to experiment with I would
have done more. Before our bambina could talk, we tried "signing" (as in
hearing impaired) with her for some of the rudimentary needs, and she picked
it up fast. (Does the name Pavlov ring a bell?) Things like "more", "enough"
"up" and so on can be communicated by the child long before they can verbally
express their wishes, thereby eliminating a great deal of frustration, hence
crying. Give it a shot. If it gets you even 20 more minutes of sleep a day it
is worth it, no?

Congrats! Ain't it the best thing in the world?!

Mike Devonshire