BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
plz practice conservation of histo presto eye blinks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Dec 2007 10:23:21 -0500
Leland Torrence wrote:
> Ken,
> How many books did he have in the library?
> Best,
> Leland
Leland,

Good question. As it is an NPS site open to visiting scholars I assume
that is information that we could find out.

The underground storage vault I was told holds 1 M documents. It was an
interesting place to work as there was no smoking or eating allowed on
site. A great deal of paranoia over fire/smoke and when we were digging
holes concern over dust lest it all set off the sprinkler system. The
archivist had cataloged 10,000 prototype gadgets on the 3rd floor and
was beginning on the 2nd floor. During the progress of the project
someone (not us) in the chemistry lab broke some bottles of 'unknown'
chemicals. The place was immediately shut down with an emergency
chemical response team to do clean-up. I was not there but it is
reported as an exciting day on the job.

For a different kind of library right outside of his office, on the way
into the prototype fabrication shop he had a collection of what was
intended to be one of every material then known.

][<en