BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Mar 2010 13:22:01 -0500
This subject line reminded me of something entirely different.  Many years
ago I worked in the operating room of our local hospital.  Our ENT Dr.
retired and for some time we didn't have one.  After a spell a young ENT
out of somewhere in South America, by way of Washington, D. C., came to our
small hospital.  He was interested in doing experimental ear surgery, so
why did he come to Brattleboro, Vermont?  Because there were quite a number
of people in the area who had had mastoiditis as children, and this was the
population he was interested in.

This Dr. would get the impacted wisdom teeth from the oral surgeon when he
removed them, then he would fashion new ear bones from them and implant
them in patients whose bones had been destroyed years before.  All done
under a microscope using implements so tiny that they had numbers so I
would know which to hand him as I couldn't even see the head of the thing
unless I was looking through the microscope as well.

That's my story of "tooth for bone."  Ruth

At 11:14 PM -0500 2/27/10, [log in to unmask] wrote:
My dentist lives in rural Alabama
he has a historic grave yard ful of broken headstones
while I live in rural Mississippi and I have a wife and child and a back molar
a family besieged  with tooth problems
I tiried the old string to the door knob ;
then I tried rubbing "shine " on the affected spot ;
finally I gave in and called the Doc up ...We trade tooth for stone

--
Ruth Barton
Dummerston, VT