BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
plz practice conservation of histo presto eye blinks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jan 2008 09:43:10 -0500
Frm the gurdy list

"You shouldn't try to copy pipers' ornamentation, which is specific to
pipe fingering. They can do things we can't, so you must look for
simpler ornaments which can be just as effective. Pipers need ornaments
to articulate the melody and give rhythmic drive. We make the rhythm
with the trompette, so we don't need elaborate ornaments. And the
essence of a pibroch is a slow melody, not clever finger tricks - well,
not for us."