BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Leeke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
plz practice conservation of histo presto eye blinks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Dec 2007 11:29:38 -0500
Yes, we had the moon and mars here in Portland, Maine, too.

It's dusk here by 3:30pm, and pitch dark by 5:00 when we stepped out to
walk down to the neighbor's for Christmas Eve celebrations.

Air clear, cold, calm. The silver dollar Moon rising over oceanic fog
bank laying across the harbor drifting out across the Gulf of Maine to
the Atlantic. Slight half halo encircles the moon out past three wispy
clouds floating by, with Mars close in, not the familiar faint pink,
rather striking red beacon.

Phyllis and I stopped to observe the spectacle, then struggled to keep
an eye on it and the icy brick sidewalks, stopping at a few  neighbors
to drop off warm loaves of Czech houska holiday bread, arriving at the
party--neighbors, brothers of neighbors, nieces of neighbors, cousins of
acquaintances, beaus of the now grown girls across the street--friendly
folks every one. All chow down on Pilot Bread and Lobstah Choudah.

John Leeke