BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Marilyn Harper <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Thu, 22 Apr 1999 07:24:53 -0400
     John Leeke wrote:

     "I'm working on an article about insurance coverage written especially for
     historic homes. Have you bumbed in to any particular problems or successes
     on restoration projects funded by these policies?"

     Here at the National Register we have been hearing more about insurance
     companies that are CANCELLING their coverage when they find out houses are
     historic.  We've gotten three or four very agitated phone calls about
     people who have had their insurance cancelled and were trying to find out
     what to do about it.  We couldn't help them much, except to suggest they
     call the National Trust.

     I didn't know about the insurance specifically for historic houses.  I
     would be interested to know what companies provide them and their relative
     costs, so I could pass that info on to anyone else that calls.

     I would also like to know whether other people have heard about this
     cancellation business and what people have done about it.

     Marilyn Harper
     National Register of Historic Places