BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
B-P Golden Oldies: "Is this the list with all the ivy haters?"" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Apr 2006 21:31:28 -0700
Hi Guy and Gals,  Spring is in full swing here and hellz a poppin'.  We
have been cutting brush and burning full steam as weather allows.  Also
working on getting the garage cleaned out.  There is a stone foundation of
the old barn which burned in 1957 and has never been filled in.  In fact
Dad had built a roof over it and used it for storage for several years.  A
few years ago the roof caved in.  Last year we started to clean the mess up
but time got the better of us and we didn't know what we were going to do
when we got it cleaned out anyway.  We have gotten all but a few things
out--mostly junk, except for the Oliver tractor and a Braden winch.  The
plan at this time is to get rid of the junk and take the tractor to our
place, where our son lives.  He is a mechanic and hopefully can get it
running again.  The problem is getting it out.  It is next to the one wall
that is boards that we can take down.  However, just outside this wall is a
big old edger.  This is a piece of sawmill equipment, I assume it was
designed to cut the edges off boards after they went through the sawmill.
When I was a kid I remember going to a mill and getting "edgin's" which we
used for kindling.  I assume they were made by and edger.

What I want to know is this:  Is there anyone here who knows anything about
ancient sawmill equipment and if this might be a saleable item?  If so
where would I go to find a market for it?  It is a Chase mill.  Thanks for
any help you may be able to give to steer me in the right direction.  Ruth

PS to Ralph:  Cleaned out the tool box in the back of Dad's old truck this
afternoon and there were ALOT of screwdrivers in it.

PS2:  Oldest son has said he wants the old woodworking tools that are in
the garage.  I do hope he is finally going to take up a hobby.
--
Ruth Barton
Dummerston, VT