BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
His reply: “No. Have you read The Lazy Teenager by Virtual Reality?”" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2007 05:58:36 -0200
Cuyler Page wrote:

> Universal time and space was shared, even as we watched the message
> gently drift away over the hill toward Brooktondale, morphing as it
> went, wondering what it now looked like to folks over there.

Having stood on the other side of the hill in B'dale I won't tell you
what it looked like? Where we live now off the Atlantic Coast we have a
good number of choppers that fly over... the house vibrates... I run
outside to see them. Same as I run outside when Santa goes by once a
year on the fire truck. At night with clear sky we watch the airliners
to and from Europe overhead. A steady stream. We live very close to
where Flight 800 went down. The local airport where the banners fly out
of they also have gliders... sorta clumsy looking not as nice as sail
planes - but I get the impression that with only Ocean or Sound or NYC
to encounter that nobody would want to go a great distance without
power. Then a bit further out East there is a small private strip w/
ultralites & sky diving. Often the local news in the Pennysavers is some
numnuts that did himself in flying an ultralite into a power line or
whatever... about as common as the report of a boat collapsing in the
inlet in January. Recently on a trip out to Southampton I saw Shinnecock
Canal is froze over. On occasion we get a bunch of Grumman Cats out for
a lark, and there is at least one stunt pilot who likes to practice out
over the beach on days when there are not likely to be many ppl there.

][<