BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
George Kramer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - His DNA is this long.
Date:
Wed, 5 Aug 1998 11:45:38 -0700
At 02:22 PM 8/5/98 EDT, you wrote:
>In a message dated 98-08-04 16:08:44 EDT, Heidi wrote, in part...
>
>George, I don't think I agree with you on this subject.

Actually, Heidi, I think you (we) do agree...I'm not against economic
studies that prove that we're on the right track, nor do I dispute that the
world thinks we're interested in superficialities....I'm only sorry that it
is so; that we can only "convince" people of preservation if it "pays" and
that we've so poorly articulated the rest of what I like to think
preservation is about that it's easy for the public to see as superficial.

I hope you straightened out your friend about the REAL point of your chosen
career....and somehow am pretty sure you did.

George Kramer, M.S.
Historic Preservation Consultant
Ashland, Oregon