BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Nov 1997 16:32:09 -0500
In a message dated 97-11-24 21:09:15 EST, [log in to unmask]
writes:

> I remember being told that NYU has gutted the interiors of an entire row of
>  splendid houses on the north-east side of Washington Square Park, putting
>  modern offices behind the retained facade.

I've been in these particular buildings at NYU, not knowing they were
veneers. It makes sense now why the floors did not seem to match the facade.
I've been invited to a lot of NYC historic shell sites over the years... and
it always amazes me. The problem is obviously wide ranged. The person who
could speak best on the NYC phenom is Cristopher Gray, the NY Times writer
who has a column every Sunday.

Christopher remains on the Preservation-L list... we can invite him over to
BP, I do not know him personally. I was not sure which way he was voting on G
& E. I did suggest that Gab & Eti may be persuaded to do an exclusice
interview next Aprtil 1, 1998.

I move cautiously to resist inviting anyone that could even remotely put us
in a _serious_ funk. The PL reaction to G & E was not pleasant on my end, and
I felt the harmless idiocy & satire did not merit the rude awakening. Any
suggestions?

][<en Follett