BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "It's a bit disgusting, but a great experience...." -- Squirrel" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 11:25:06 EDT
In a message dated 10/10/00 10:05:24 AM Central Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> --keep your sandpaper curl-free until use - I can't find any box or other
>  device

I paid a lot of money for that machine to curl my sandpaper...

Keep it dry. Store in a plastic box (available at Staples) that does not let
in moisture and is flat enough that it does not allow curling. Use large zip
lock baggies. Hang with wooden gator clothes pins in a dry area with good
wind circulation. Store it under a heavy weight.

>  --keep you chisels in a tool box but free from damage

Do not throw box in fire at PIGnic... safest way to protect ANY tools from
damage.

Expensive chisels would be kept in a cloth pouch w/ possible a leather bottom
where the sharp ends go. Less than expensive, workday chisels, wrap a few
layers of masking tape on the sharp ends. Don't use duct tape unless you want
to spend a lot of time trying to get it off the chisels. Or, make a sleeve
out of cardboard & tape, or any other handy, though not abrasive, material.

][<en