BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Becker, Dan" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The listserv which takes flossing seriously! <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Jul 2005 20:02:01 -0400
> Subject: Mount Rushmore
>
> N.J. Bud Goldstone <budgoldstone [at] yahoo__com> writes
>
>> I do believe we may lose chunks of our one-of-a-kind
>> mountain sculpture Mt. Rushmore to an unsafe "cleaning"
>> operation. I don't know why high pressure wound up as the
>> selected method other than it may have been the low bid,
>> but my database says cleaning off lichen and mold should
>> be done with a simple, cheap wash job. What was the the
>> scientific backup that showed a blast was the way to go?
>> Anyone know?

Yeah, those conservationists. Always waiting until the last minute
crisis to raise an alarm. They should have anticipated these threats to
Mt. Rushmore and already had the research completed in advance of such
an ill-advised proposal to lobotomize the historic icon as a treatment
for its petulant, irrational behavior of growing a 5 o'clock shadow.

Adding Reagan.... Is that what kind of company those inscrutable,
passive faces want to keep? I'd lobotomize them too.

Dan Becker,  Exec. Dir.       "Conformists die, but
Raleigh Historic          heretics live on forever"
Districts Commission              -- Elbert Hubbard
919/807-8480

“E-mail correspondence to and from this address may be subject to the North Carolina  Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties by an authorized City or Law Enforcement official.”