BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Michael Davidson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Infarct a Laptop Daily"
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 08:05:59 EST
Hello again......I will be off to the big apple from Yale...for 5 days then
home..for a month So you won't have me to kick around anymore...call ken if
you want to arm wrestle me over weak beer.... I will be trying to collect
from him for these dime store novellas
and so...for those who travel alot I  would like to leave this "encounter"
that is if you have the patience......its
from my restoration journal.........

 "some women can have all the indiference of Carmen,
....the joy and cruelty of Cleopatra,...the tyrannicial marble-heart of
Catherine de Medici..and the cold glitter of all the pashionless despots of
mens warm souls since sex first orginated"    James Thurber"letters" circa
1925

It was time to go .
A young co-ed red head from Yale was arching her back laughing over her
shoulder stealing
glances at me  . Well, at least I thought she was.
 She was entertaining two well dressed young men whose backs were slightly to
me so I was
able to enjoy her  frivolity and mirth as well as the intimacy of her glance.
Time plays tricks on middle aged men. Her attentions may be innocent
enough... as she
laughs a full head of long red hair in ringlets falls gracefully from her
shoulders following the
curve of her spine to the middle of her back ; a  playfull  arched eye
peeks.. my way...
through its folds, before she shakes hair   free to greet her admirers with
total attention.
Its time to go...I say to myself.
 Intimacy from the young stirs the blood and lights the fires of passion that
are difficult to
control
.With a blush of a cheek and a little wink... memories long fettered within
the hidden heart
tumble from the shelf and animate as  tempests of  young love an libido that
smolder
incestous in little fires with hot sparks
.Her  gaze transends the moments as if it were yesterday .
 The mind for all its infinite wisdom lays captive to the femine charm and
mystique that is in
all purposes a kind of a magic.... combine that with the recklessness of
youth and unabashed
beauty .
... a wise and  mature man can loose all sence of reality in volitality of
his desire .
               "Desire is the key; disire-lessness the way.".said the great
sage."
"..Ahh but what did he know?    said the little guy with horns on my shoulder
..I was soon to
find out.
I nod to the waiter .... its time ..,,,,,,,.
She is  laughing  again...
She has a naughty laugh; one that could amuse you and make you stay up all
night long in
childs play with the lights off.
A  mischievous smile that aknowledges your age and dosen't care....thats rare
...intimacy and fantasy transend age .....and compliments  diverse
personality and  body
types..
.. what is it the white in my beard,?... my scarred cranium and one eye  that
 suggest an
evening of  danger and adventure?.
 Or just meybey she wants all the attention of.. all... the men in this
room,and she is working
her stealth to get it...meybe
Meybey its youth and Im so out of it Im not connecting.....
.I take the last of my glass..and peer at my bill....
.She laughs again; her eyes touching mine ...briefly..softly...
I have been here before..... about 3 marriages ago .
 The worse was in Greece when I was restoring our Embassy there with Greek
marble
technicians.
Handsome young Samsons cutting stone  by day... minotaurs at night....
dancing into the wee
hours among broken plates in the centuries old Plaka and old port of Pireaus.
Taking women
prisoners who were only there on holiday ;...like pirates who sally the
coasts for hostages and coins of gold......
..
. that is until they introduced me to" Sami and Moya."
"Sami" was Arabian from Palistine; at 18 with raven hair, full figure and
dark olive skin she
could order the head of John the Baptist... and you would be serving it up.
 Moya was just the opposite.19, Irish, with ivory white skin with a full head
of red hair,
in thick celtic corkscrews that fell almost to her   waist;
 she was blessed
with amazing blue eyes that sparkled and sang of the coasts of the Hebrides
and Alba when
she set her gaze upon you
. Both were attending the American school;both wanted to live in the
fashionable Kolinaki
district where the embassy was.
 I had 3 bedrooms and would I be interested in letting two.
The rest is history; we went everywhere together. Black tie embassy parties;
small weekends
to the islands, I even talked the Marines into letting us all go to their ski
chalet above Delphi
by heliocopter.....Because I was embassy they did all the shopping at the PX
for cost.
 I was smitten, drunk with infatuation and the passion of love from the
itimate company of these vivacious young ruffians..
 We had so much fun .... ,I wasn't daddy ,
I was a brother...and lover to two sisters.....my heart is full when I think
of it
...and so  days passed into months ..untill finally the day came when the job
was finishing up
and the school year finishing.
. ironically in the same week  the girls had both recieved calls from irate
parents odering
them home.....Party was over...,no one wanted to go home but there was little
anyone could
do.
......I tried to stay in touch by phone calling Ireland and Jordan.
Back in the States I was heartbroken and sick for six months with symptoms of
dull
listlessness and no appetite.  Finally I entered therapy
This party's over.......I pay up and take my coat....I don't want to go there
again
Ahh but there is that laugh again..nudged the little guy with his
fork...;Sami and Moya laughed
like that;
 a quick glance up from her is  asking.... if I was  there was a chance I
would stay.....
 I am weak.... but not that weak .Besides I am a family man,
 but I am a man, human and careless who loves life just the same.
 What did Thurber say
"men are fools,weak wine blooded,deeply -devoted darn fools".
......I take the air....content in the manifistation of my own  wisdom and
grace.
Best Michael/mdd al/rts2000
Best Michael.