BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Feb 2012 08:46:17 -0500
c,

On FB and LinkedIn where I posted a link to your article there have been
a few comments coming in as well. For me the most interesting from
Portugal is a suggestion that you should consider to follow up on an
article on lichen... and in my own instance I'm curious about moss, or
algae and then there is the proverbial cattails growing in the roof
drain situation throughout Manhattan that one does not see from the street.

In regard of comments on insects, in our own yard I maintain a diversity
of bio-mass that is contrary to the manicured flat lawn of our neighbor,
and as a result we have birds that come eat the insects. Across to the
neighbor's yard you cannot stand there on a summer evening for the
skeeters. We get skeeters too, but not nearly as bad as they do.
Bio-mass tends toward a healthy environment for life, and not solely for
human comfort.

I will see if I get around to collecting up the various comments.
Needless to say that they have a national and international distribution.

][<en