BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David west <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Is this the list with all the ivy haters?"
Date:
Thu, 23 Dec 1999 20:27:48 +0000
>>> Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]> 24/12/99 5:39:02 >>> wrote

"As to the current BP uproar over commercial promotion"

][<en

I'm actually enjoying the challenges that this thread has placed in front of me.   I agree with you about the policy of saying only good, but my past practice has been substantially less than perfect.  So this thread is challenging me to work on that imperfection.

I also think that John Leeke summed up well what I sense is a commonality amongst a significant number of the BP community - a commitment to their work which is greater than simply their living, but is rather their life.  Not to say they have no other, for that is equally untrue.  But to say that I sense a commonality of passion for the bounty available in life, a desire to squeeze the last juices out of the lemon, and suck the last marrow from the bone.

Life is work is play is life.

Is this part of what you mean about striving toward Bullamanka?  Or is this just the driving toward Bullamanka?

david