BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 25 Dec 1999 08:57:07 -0800
> >As to the current BP uproar over commercial promotion, I do believe the
> line is crossed, when we do not think to extricate the beam from our own eye
> before throwing mixed metaphors. In my opinion it is not good policy or
> fair play to say bad things about the competition.
>
> I guess this is a reference to my comments in response to John Horton's
> posting. I have to take issue with the notion that I have said "bad things"
> about the competition.

Michael,

Possibly so as much as anything we read pertains to our own interpretation. As
far as what I meant, I think more strongly that since I allow someone from my
competition, Nicholson & Galloway to be specific, access and free use of BP, I
think it not appropriate that I would consider bad mouthing them here, and, in
fact, I prefer not to say or think negative things about people as much as
possible. When I feel it spoken out, by anyone, it puts me in a sour funk. Not to
say that I have anything really negative to say about N & G other than the fact
that I am not employed by them. I find that all the times I have ever got into
thinking negative things about people it has led me into a bigger mess than I
started with. If I have to think badly about someone I just as soon avoid them
completely. I say this having spent most of my post-teen adulthood pissed off at
everyone and anyone and being quite capable of continuing to be pissed off. I'll
jump to Covey here, "Seek first to understand, and then to be understood." As
much as I am reformed in the ways of not putting strange chemicals in my mouth, I
am also reformed in not wanting to go out of my way to create a negative world
view for myself... it is all too easy to slip back into the addiction of being
pissed off.

Last night a guy down on his luck hit Kathy's car, which had to be towed away,
while she was off to buy Floyd, the iguana, Xmas dinner... bearing in mind that
Floyd is one cussedly irritable iguana that resists Kathy's ability to charm
animals and that I am constantly reminding myself that Lurker Raydome said,
"Tastes like chicken!" -- so we are standing in Roy Rogers freezin or lumps off
on Xmas Eve and the guy says, "Merry Christmas." I said calmly, "Thankyou, and I
hope you have a good Christmas, too." I did not say, "You mother fuckin dumb shit
what the hell do you think you are doing trying to kill my wife on Christmas
Eve?" Turns out he had just lost his job the week before and had been returning
from treating himself to a meal in the Windmill Dinner, a place I do not
recommend, instead of hotdogs and beans at home. The least I could do was not
make life Hell for one more person. The Windmill Dinner is the place where the
desperate lady fell through the dropped ceiling while trying to escape the cops.
Though, just to make sure our Holiday spirit was not all there, my son and I did
try to talk the guy into taking Floyd off our hands.
--
][<en Follett
SOS Gab & Eti -- http://www.geocities.com/~orgrease