BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
J Cuyler Page <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Infarct a Laptop Daily"
Date:
Mon, 20 Mar 2000 00:09:27 -0800
> I don't know about NY raves, but the midwest ones I've attended
> have been very peaceful, everybody just happy to be there...
> the kids always get a kick out of seeing an old lady dancing  ;)
> they call me "Moms"

Here is the West Coast Version :
My son is a professional First Aid Attendant with a company that specializes
in both raves and emergency disaster response (he was finding bodies in the
big tipped over apartments in Taiwan last year).  At raves in Vancouver BC,
his company is somewhat famous for combining drug counselling with emergency
treatment.   It all sounds pretty scary even though he says the clients
thank them for the good words after confiscating their drugs.   His
descriptions of work are not unlike Michael's recent dusty missive.   At a
recent event, he was the only First Aid attendant on duty when people
started collapsing with no breathing.  Within 15 minutes he had three to
revive, ambulances were lining up and he wondered how far it was going to
go.   He seems to take these things for granted as part of the profession.
He comments that the raves are really safe places and that Vancouver's
various Asian gang members like to go to the raves because the security
company (the other part of the company that supplies first aid) does such a
good job of removing weapons at the door.   The gang folks know there will
be no shootings there and they can just dance and have a good time.

Nice to feel safe, eh?
Cuyler