BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "That's gneiss but I think you're full of schist!"
Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 1999 08:18:33 EDT
In a message dated 7/20/99 11:13:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> modifier Bullamanka

Bullamanka, best as I understand, means -- that place over that away but we
are not quite sure. It helps if the speaker is pointing off toward the
horizon with a glazed expression of glee. A place we have heard about, either
real or a mirage, possibly our destination, possibly not. Certainly not here
where we are now, nor where we have ever been. Something about as real to us
as two seconds from now.

Bullamanka-Pinheads = those of us standing in the lobby having heard and seen
enough of the dog & pony show in the auditorium. A free zone for mutual
amuzement and laughter. The gossip gallery. A place of gags, puns, and
challenging answers for those who want to preserve life on earth. A mutual
support group for dysfunctional luddites. A place to build relationships. A
place to goof off and avoid the pressing drudgery of work. A surrogate for an
expensive professional conference in an exotic location. A place of
multivision, as opposed to single vision. A place to realize that your
brilliance is less than you ever imagined. I'm sure we all see this different
-- What do you think BP is?

Shaman