BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Johnette Davies <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "It's a bit disgusting, but a great experience...." -- Squirrel" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 16:47:09 +0000
I am now a historian at Gannett Fleming, and our office
is in Hammonton, just down Route 206.  Currently the
only NJ project I'm working on is in New Brunswick.  I'm
also working on a couple of planning studies in
Delaware.  Perhaps lurking about on the NJ_Hist listserv
will bolster my general lack of Jersey knowledge.

When I used to take the train from Philadelphia to
Trenton, I would always look out the windows (I've
always been a landscape gawker).  The first time I went
over the Delaware River, I looked to the right where you
can see the lovely river, trees, blah blah blah.  Then
you look to the left and you see this bridge that has
giant letters spelling out, "Trenton Makes, The World
Takes."  Now I always look forward to seeing it;  it
always makes me chuckle.
Aaah, Trenton...

Thanks for your help;  I'll let you know when I'm around
your neck of the woods.

- Johnette