BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 29 May 1999 06:49:41 -0700
Dear Philip,

You need to keep in mind that "historic" is a value-added to the property
that, though often difficult to understand in objective terms, can
increase the selling potential of the house if presented properly.
Therefore, rather than attempting to make alterations to modernize the
house I think you would do better to concentrate your energies on
restructuring your manner of approach to the potential purchaser. Why not
start with a four-color glossy brochure? My cousin Eddie is a printer and
will cut you a sweet deal on 5,000. He is also single and has asked if
Linda is available for a date.

In the case of the dishwasher I suggest you tell people that the lack of
a dishwasher, being as the authentic manner your grandmother used to wash
dishes did not include automation, actually increases the value of the
house, and add $2,500 to your asking price. You may also tell them that
they do not need to wash any dishes at all because of the McDonald's on
the corner, and you can slap on another $1,500 to the asking price for
having a nearby restaurant. If it really gets tough I suggest rather than
a dishwasher that you hire an orphan boy to wash dishes and carry his
contract over to the future owners. There mmust be at least an extra
bedroom or a closet on an upper floor?

I think the dishwashing problem will also be ameliorated by the fact that
you redirected the flow of the faucet in the bathroom. If you followed
probably now swirl past the bowl of the sink and onto the floor. This is
a convenient area to stack dishes. You will have to experiment with
patterns of stacking in order to acheive optimal efficiency. The swirling
action, if you have proper water pressure and crank the water heater up
as high as possible, may resemble a ROTEC cleaning system. This would be
really cutting edge stuff and you can raise the asking price $8,000. Of
course, if you start in washing dishes in this manner you will have to
consider foregoing the sheetrock in the basement. You may also want to
consider re-routing of the drainage system of the house.

In future please post graphics of your house.
--
][<en Follett
SOS Gab & Eti -- http://www.geocities.com/~orgrease