BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
"Let us not speak foul in folly!" - ][<en Phollit
Date:
Sun, 16 Mar 2003 12:23:48 -0500
> He seems to want to go off and recreate On the Road in his own time.

John,

Then he should check out Ken Kesey as what Ken did w/ Further was a flower child repeat of the beat's Hudson voyage. I think the most significant thing about *On the Road*, the actual events, were that they were mundane as hell but it was the "story" that was told that was significant. For me the version of on the road was hitching... who needs a vehicle?

Turn him on to Gary Snyder and the spending time sitting in a fire watch tower.

][<en