BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mary Delaney Krugman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Feb 1998 08:56:29 EST
Subj:    Demolition by neglect -Reply
Date:   2/14/98 11:26:36 PM EST
From:   [log in to unmask] (DEBRA MILLER)
Sender: [log in to unmask]
To:     [log in to unmask]

Thanks so much for all of your help. As I mentioned earlier, I am going to
consult the ordinence for the exact wording of the demolition clause. In
the meantime, we are trying to go about this the easy way...the city is
going to approach the owner of the dwelling (actually, she lives there, is
a rich alchoholic, the story goes, and very eccentric). The building
inspector is going to sound her out about her making repairs. Then,
depending on her reaction, we will go from there. So you see, it is very
early in the process...but I want to have a plan of action in case she
refuses to make repairs. Perhaps a warning that 'it has come to our
notice that...' and 'if repairs are not made, the commission will be forced
to take action' or something like that will be enough. Hopefully! As it
sounds like a pretty tough battle and we don't exactly have the full
support of our (pro-expansion -->read: strip malls, Wal-Mart and
superstores!)  city council & mayor.

Deb