BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
When I'm in NH I'm a tourist. Ruth
Date:
Tue, 3 Jun 2003 22:26:10 -0700
Dad worked in the nursery/landscape business for several years.  He said
wild rose/rosa multiflora was one of the worst weeds going.  Some nurseries
sell it as "living hedge," don't buy it, it is nearly impossible to get rid
of.  There is quite a lot of it in my MIL's pasture, hubby can just get
through it with the tractor and mower to mow it off.  Ruth

At 12:35 PM -0400 6/3/03, Rudy Christian wrote:
>>Turns out instead that it was a wild rose that was growing out of the
>>bottom of the patio, where the chipmunk likes to play.   -Pam<<

This soggy, cold, wet spring actually is good for one thing ;) getting rid
of wild roses. We wrap a sling around them just above the root ball and
yank 'em out roots and all with the back hoe. They're actually pretty
spectacular on the top of a ten foot bonfire!

Rudy

--
Ruth Barton
Dummerston, VT