BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Johnette Davies <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "The Cracked Monitor"
Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 1999 22:26:17 +0000
Hello!
My name is Johnette, and as a habitual lurker on BP, I
feel that this is a good time to introduce myself and
share a little knowledge.

I don't know the specifics of Buckminster Fuller's
bathroom, but I know that they have one on display at
Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn, Michigan. I was fortunate
to work with several other interns a few years ago,
catalogueing the pieces of the Dymaxion House at the
Museum (in addition to carrying out other related tasks).
Although we didn't really touch on the bathroom in our
research, we felt really cool with our badges, checking
out the bathroom behind the exclusive exhibit ropes.  I
also have a good picture (but no scanner, alas) of some
visiting Japanese architecture students exploring the
bathroom that was in the Dymaxion House itself.

Other than the musuem (who I think would have a nice file
or two on the object), you might want to check out a book
called "Bucky Works" by J. Baldwin.  There may be some
insights there, or at least some other sources noted such
as Fuller's archive in California.