BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mike Devonshire <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "where heavy conservationists hang out"
Date:
Tue, 3 Aug 1999 21:57:16 EDT
In a message dated 7/29/1999 8:40:36 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< I've been stewing about this bug stuff all afternoon >>

Ralph-

Got to relate a story concerning a situation which has me baffled.

I recently was treated by a group of male friends, on the event of a
milestone birthday, to a weekend in the "City that care forgot", that's New
Orleans to you Yanksters. Well, once upon a morning during the said weekend
we happened into the Sho-Bar (historic strip clubs only) on Bourbon Street,
at about 10am. As you can imagine, the first string (no pun) is not on the
field at that hour so we amused ourselves by having distracting conversation
UNTIL - Miss Pinky comes on stage, an actual fetching example of fauna in a
pink outfit, who begins the beguine before us and as the PINK stage lights go
on, the entire room fills with Formosan Termites. They were everywhere!!!!
Dive bombing my Pimm's Cup, and surely frightening Miss Pinky, who is
stripping and swatting and yelling about how she hates bugs. I look over at
one point and one of my associates, who has been feeding rolled dollars to
the Miss in a teeth-entre-cleavage-manner, has taken advantage of the
confused situation and, face buried, is not letting go of the money, so she
is screaming "I hate these damn bugs!!!...Sir you have to let go of the
money!!"

Well of course I'm thinking, what have we here? Have we found a way to rid
the South of the hated Formosan termite? Can we toss out the pheromone traps?
Further, however, we have to do some tests, I suppose, to determine whether
it is Miss Pinky, or the pink lights which make them critters nervous. Must
we conduct a BP site visit? Please advise.

Twybil