BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
deb bledsoe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "It's a bit disgusting, but a great experience...." -- Squirrel" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 12:11:05 -0400
hello all you histo-presto public administrators out there  ;)

I am interested in finding out if any of you are familiar with histo-presto land
use regulations that mention mobile home park or trailer park preservation.....

some of the older parks are approaching 60 years in age, and many pre-date
post-war developments like levittown...  and I've seen some mobile homes
recently that were built in the 50's and 60's that are real classics, including
one that's all stainless steel, with a clerestory pop-up around the top that's
pretty cool looking...it's all solid wood panelled inside, with some pretty neat
hardware,  etc.....

in our area (ohio), most of the older parks are being bulldozed when their
septics wear out....  the land is so valuable as potential stripcenter parking
lot acreage that the owners figure the environmental services hassles they will
have to endure in order to replace the sanitary systems just isn't worth it...
and no one in government or academia seems to be interested in the subject
here -- they just laughed at me when I asked  ;)

anybody else with info or experience in this area?

thanks in advance for your help...
you can reply here, or email me directly at [log in to unmask]

deb