BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dan Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "That's gneiss but I think you're full of schist!"
Date:
Fri, 2 Jul 1999 09:11:30 -0400
On July 2, 1999 7:48 AM, Ken Follett [SMTP:[log in to unmask]] wrote:

>Has anyone here got
> experience working with any other blasting media?

Well, when I was a kid we used to mix our own gunpowder, but we never got
up the courage to restrain it enough to induce a blast.  Mostly we just
stuffed it into our model cars, gooped copious quantities of model cement
around about, set a match to the sucker, and then sent it careering out of
control down the earthen embankment of US 20-25 on its approach to the
Maumee River where we had constructed an obstacle course formed of rocks,
piles of earth, brush hazards, groundhog holes, scavenged boards, shards
of glass, and any other bits of handy detritus--sort of a Mad Max bobsled
run, if you will.

Used to be that you really had to be creative to entertain yourself with
graphic, violent carnage--now they do it all for you with video games.
 Being a kid just isn't like it used to be, eh?