BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mary Krugman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "That's gneiss but I think you're full of schist!"
Date:
Tue, 13 Jul 1999 15:05:51 EDT
In a message dated 7/13/99 12:47:18 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

>  How's the A/C?

I hope you weren't asking about the Lustron's A/C... My own is marginally
functional, but thanks to the natural A/C we have going for us right now, I'm
very comfy, thanks.

In contrast to our own warm dry weather, I've just been reading about some
floods on July 31, 1889 (researching truss bridges). They had 9.33 inches of
rain in the northeast during that month (what have we had so far....  ought
ought 5?). It practically scoured our area of little mill dams and bridges --
making the way clear for truss bridges and concrete, I guess. Hardest hit:
Plainfield NJ, although the storm caused damage from Baltimore to
Massachusetts. They blamed it on ... get this... 19th C. sprawl!  All the
forests that used to catch the rain had been replaced by rolling farm fields.
Mmm.

-- All trussed up with no place to go .... (except back to work)