BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Met History <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Sun, 18 Oct 1998 14:38:18 EDT
I get a call once a month or so from a fact-checker; this week it was from a
TV show.    It was a technical question about the history of Washington Square
Park in NYC, once used as a burial ground.   The questioner was very concerned
about verifying that, in the early 19th century, bodies had popped up from the
ground, and that they had been victims of cholera (not yellow fever).  For a
TV show, it seemed both peculiar and exacting.

What show, I asked?   Answer:  The X-Files.

Christopher Gray