BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Callan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
"Let us not speak foul in folly!" - ][<en Phollit
Date:
Sat, 3 May 2003 17:59:03 -0500
Well....the closer you can get to the materials you are patching, the
better.  Soooooo, if its a concrete material, you could use a cement
material...if my understanding is somewhat near correct, you'd want
something pretty smooth and workable.  But a little voice keeps telling
me that you are patching wood...so, you would want to cut a wood patch
into the hole...but if your carpentry skills are like mine, you'll
never get the fit quite right...so maybe you cut it as close as you can
and the glue it in, wood filler perhaps.  I don't think you want
epoxy...but maybe.

Sometime back...a long time back, I came across a floor leveling
plaster-like stuff that had been installed over historic plank flooring
to facilitate the installation of carpet.  The movement of the boards
eventually broke up the leveling stuff in to a powder or granular sort
of stuff.  I don't know what the stuff was but it was more like plaster
than concrete and had none of the resilience of a latex material.

I'm convinced I've only got a partial picture of your problem.  Can't
do pictures?!  How ever do you communicate?

Are you thinking about this hole this weekend, or are you working on
it?  (Now suddenly I feel guilty about this annoying little project I
never finished last spring when the season turned wet and stayed that
way all summer.  Suppose I should get moving on it before the weather
gets nice enough that I run out of excuses for not painting the house
and repairing the deck.  The damn water table is up or something and
the footings have popped and now even Suzy can see that its not
level...and she points it out to me...as if its my job to fix things!
Hey!  I can draw it...I can detail it...I can spec it...surely no one
expects me to know HOW to DO it!?)

-jc