BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "That's gneiss but I think you're full of schist!"
Date:
Fri, 23 Jul 1999 13:57:33 EDT
Chain Saw Polar Bears at IPTW ;-)

Apple Restoration is considering demonstrating the carving of polar bears
from Indiana Limestone using a diamond chain saw at the next International
Preservation Trades Workshop to be held November 2nd ,3rd  and 4th in
Gaithersburg, Maryland. http://www.PTN.org.

That is, once we figure out how to carve polar bears.

At past IPTWs we have witnessed the melee of crafty timber framers weilding
chain saws. Why should they have all the fun? Though we often do core
drilling we find it quickly gets to be boring. Face it, stonemasons without
the versatility of chain saws feel left out. Hubert Ellis, the craftsman in
the attached graphic, demonstrates his recently acquired (this morning)
skills on the straight line technique.

If we cannot get our act together in time for the IPTW (management has
concluded we need to perfect a curved cut), then just remember, if you need a
hole in your masonry to call us.

Apple Restoration & Waterproofing, Inc.
132 Bedford Ave.
Brooklyn, NY 11211