BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Ilene R. Tyler" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Oct 2009 14:36:08 -0400
By the time I get around to a reply, the topic is well into it's humor
mode. Painting copper is an unfortunate necessity of today's economy and
the environment. It usually works as a deterrent to theft, but also a
deterrent to staining the building. Either reason, you need good
adhesion. Our latest project calls for a quick-dry primer under
acrylic-latex finish coat.

Using MPI numbers has added a lot of complication to specifying paints.
Anyone else using these? We subscribe to MPI, but the system has limits,
and the generic names don't always match our memory of standard paints.
Like UL, only tested paints make it onto their list, so a lot of
standard coatings are not in their data base.

We didn't paint the new downspouts at our nearby downtown Ann Arbor
church, and so far, so good...we're painting them in Detroit, though!

QUINN EVANS | ARCHITECTS
Ilene R. Tyler, FAIA, FAPT, LEED AP
v 734.663.5888