BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Deb Bledsoe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "where heavy conservationists hang out"
Date:
Tue, 3 Aug 1999 09:21:36 -0500
well I just got back from a cavers' festival where I learned
some other euphemisms for cave cricket that I though Ralph might like:

Karst cattle
crickets, the other OTHER white meat
pit pork  (as in "sinkhole")

I was told that down in Georgia they get sooooo big that the locals
argue about whether you get more meat off a cricket or a gigged frog  ;)

cheers Mary!

Deb