BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Judith E. Selwyn" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Judith E. Selwyn
Date:
Wed, 11 Jul 2007 11:25:21 -0400
The problem is the integrity and continuity of the coating.  I think that it
is sold for its color, with no guarantee about pin holes, continuity.  Pins
holes will result in bimetallic reaction, and since the new coatings are
further from copper on the activity chart, any damage will be faster - and
I seen many cases of pitting of lcc resulting in more rapid deterioration
than straight copper.

Dr. Judith E. Selwyn
Preservation Technology Associates, Inc.
285 Reservoir Road
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467

617 598-2255
fax 617 277-3389