BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
deb bledsoe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The listserv which takes flossing seriously! <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jul 2005 14:49:53 -0400
Hello campers,

I have information about a 43' metal Pratt Pony Truss bridge, determined
to be eligible for National Register by the SHPO, which is scheduled for
demolition and replacement. It is free for the taking from Rockcastle
County, Kentucky, to a SHPO-approved organization, entity, or
governmental unit. Approval is not difficult to get - at this point they
just REALLY want to see this bridge preserved.

Not only is it free, but the KyTC will actually pay to take it down,
load it on a truck, ship it to you, and unload it at your site, up to
the estimated cost of demolition. Looking at it, I believe it could be
picked up in one piece and put on a rail - it wouldn't even have to be
disassembled and reassembled. That is my guess at any rate.

The ad states that if it is relocated properly, it may still be eligible
for listing.

KyTC is sending me an electronic copy of the Public Notice, with photo,
next week. If you are interested in this bridge, or could help me market
it to histo-presto groups or lists, please mail me offlist at
[log in to unmask], or call me, and I will email you the info as
soon as I receive it. I have a hard copy for snail mailing or faxxing
now, if you would prefer to get it that way.

THANKS, and I hope everybody is having a wonderful summer. If you are in
the neighborhood, stop by and let's go caving. See you all at IPTW?

deb

--
Deborah Bledsoe
Operations Manager

Appalachia - Science in the Public Interest
50 Lair Street
Mt Vernon, KY 40456

606-256-0077 Office
606-256-2779 Fax