BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
His reply: “No. Have you read The Lazy Teenager by Virtual Reality?”" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jan 2007 23:21:38 -0200
> I was in mechanical engineering at UMass Amherst shortly after the
> roof fell down the first time under the weight of a wet snow

A fellow that I know who got his share of a busineess bought out and so
could do pretty much nothing if he wanted got bored and started
tinkering with various business opportunities. He was promoting a system
of laser monitors for big box structures that would tell you when the
deflection from load (snow or whatever) was creating enough havoc in the
roof structure to be concerned... like to evacuate the building before
the roof came down sort of thing. Movement in the roof could be
monitored from a remote computer. He said he was having a hell of a time
selling property owners on the equipment because if they knew what their
building was doing then it would make then liable for any consequences.

][<