BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Cuyler Page <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
"Let us not speak foul in folly!" - ][<en Phollit
Date:
Wed, 5 Mar 2003 01:13:42 -0800
>Also dangerous--I have read of workmen being killed by a belt or shaft that
broke loose.

Highly over-rated, but we do have a desire for the spectacular.   In BC, we
recently had an industrial event of two deaths when workers fell into a wine
making
vat.   Doesn't mean it happens every day or every year or every decade, but
it sure got a lot of press.  Of course there are dangers with any machinery,
but that is also why "guarded belt" laws were developed.   As with any
machinery, it is the human failing that usually is the cause of disaster.

Many thanks for the lovely notion about the progression of computers and
motors.   That one goes
in the BP saving folder!

cp in bc