BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Hammarberg, Eric" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Jan 2010 09:45:33 -0500
Oaky let's admit that our houses are fakes for replicating the caves and hovels our ancestors lived in. Finally an improvement!  But Philip Johnson said the virtually windowless bedroom in his guest house on his New Canaan, CT estate was to be "womb-like", so he wanted to go back there!

Also, our moldings are, if not fakes, representational: Base moldings having convex shapes to replicate muscles bulging under the load imposed from above and cornice moldings are concave to replicate our fingers straining to hold the roof up! Columns represent trees and foliage, etc.

Formica to replicate wood, marble, and others. Then the silistone (silly stone) solid counter top material that also comes all "material matches" but is solid and sometimes costs more than the real McCoy!

Thanks,

Eric Hammarberg, Assoc. AIA
Vice President
Thornton Tomasetti
51 Madison Avenue
New York, NY  10010
T 917.661.7800  F 917.661.7801
D 917.661.8160
www.ThorntonTomasetti.com

The information in this email and any attachments may contain
confidential information that is intended solely for the
attention and use of the named addressee(s). This message or
any part thereof must not be disclosed, copied, distributed
or retained by any person without authorization from the
addressee. If you are not the intended addressee, please
notify the sender immediately, and delete this message.