BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
B-P Golden Oldies: "Chapel of the unPowered nailers."
Date:
Sun, 18 Jun 2006 07:20:21 -0700
Received this from another list I'm on and thought some here might be
interested.  Ruth

Westinghouse Corp. was based in Mansfield, OH until it's demise.  In  1934
they built the "Home of Tomorrow".  It caused all sorts of national  hoopla
because of the modern electrified notions and the latest  touch-of-a-button
appliances.  About one-third of the homes in that era had  electricity.  Labor
saving appliances were still wondrously new to many  Americans.  Engineers for
Westinghouse drew plans for the brick veneer  house located on Andover
Road.  Many
dignitaries were at the dedication  ceremonies in February 1934.  Lowell
Thomas was among them.  Thousands  have flocked to the house for a closer
look.
The house is now going to be sold at a sheriff's sale.  Sure wish I  could
buy it!
--
Ruth Barton
Dummerston, VT