BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Leland Torrence <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
A place midway between Celebration and Village of the Damned.
Date:
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 07:02:08 -0500
Hey Michael,
    I'm with David on this one.  Having listened to some of the most
dedicated mortar aficionados, scientists and old world masons the subject of
mortar seems to be getting more confusing.  What is true I believe is that
the correct choice of mortar is widely variable and that the specification
is a small part of the success of the material. It may take a few minutes or
days to find the right mix and match, but it may take years to apply.
    Can you give a Stone Mason's Journal review.  If you use the southern
drawl.. we have translators.  Actually I think SoftScan has a "Convert to
English" button....  located between the "Covert to Gibberish" and
"EnronSpeak" buttons.
    What did you learn about lime while in Virginia?  By the way, were was
John Spewiek or Judy Selwyn there?
    Sorry I could not make it.  Could not spare five days with current dead
lines.  How was your aunt?
Best,
Leland