BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Jun 2010 08:50:35 -0400
On 6/26/2010 11:49 AM, Ruth Barton wrote:
> Hereabouts it's the most direct route to the outhouse.  Ruth

Ruth,

In a pinch, well, maybe, but our beach bungalow house came w/ indoor
plumbing. The pioneers that settled the area in the last wave of
invasion came from Brooklyn on the train. For many years they only hung
out on weekends but as they aged they could not remember how to find the
train back.

Which reminds me, around 10 pm last night I was walking Mudslide in the
neighborhood and generally enjoying the night when a van stopped. A man
and woman asked me if I had seen a brown dog, which I had not. The dog's
name is Mickey. It is a sort of brown and black doberman mutt. If you
see it send me an e-mail. I have the folk's phone number. They told me
that their dog keeps trying to get away. I relate with that and told
them we used to have a brown and black dog that never staid in the yard.
Then the woman told me it was her father's dog and it was trying to find
a way back to Staten Island. Not only is Staten Island a long ways from
here but there is a lot of water between the islands and unless the dog
can figure out to navigate the Verrazano Bridge without getting run over
I don't see a happy ending here.

][<