BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Callan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 21:50:42 -0600
Perhaps great architecture is defined by the architectural critics one
way and by thee and me another?  Flipping through Record this evening,
looking at the pictures and knowing I should take the time to read the
articles, and knowing that either I won't understand the what the writer
is trying to say, or if I do understand, I won't care, I found myself
thinking of a couple of clearly great buildings,...Thank God I won't be
the one who has to maintain or...God Forbid! Preserve...those things!

Obviously one is not supposed to think about maintenance and
preservation if one is striving for greatness in new design.  Those
things will be left for some with less lofty ambitions.

-jc