BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Leeke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Fri, 23 Oct 1998 08:40:35 -0400
>>I think it is a shame that in most circumstances all of my
training and knowledge won't be acknowledged as it is not FORMAL, or
NORMAL. Something needs to change here. - Molly<<

Molly:
Do not worry to much about this. Work only in the circumstances where your knowledge is recognized. Your knowledge will be acknowledged through your performance and the the reputation you build for yourself. I have been able to build a good career, reputation and comfortable living in preservation without "formal" training or accreditation. Measure your expectations in decades and you will not be dissapointed.

Did we meet at one of the Strawbery Banke Preservation Field Schools? I'm in Portland, Maine. Let's get together sometime.

John Leeke