BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mary Delaney Krugman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Feb 1998 11:03:14 EST
I picked this item up from a newsgroup, and thought I would pass it on.

MDK
Subject: FLW Home to be demolished?
From: [log in to unmask] (SCOOPBEY)
Date: 1/30/98 9:38 PM EST

I thought readers of this newsgroup would be interested in this. I am
architecture critic for the Chicago Sun-Times and I've written a story that is
scheduled to run next week about a Wright American System-Built house in Gary
Indiana that is horrid condition. It's set to be sold for back taxes on Feb.
11
and 12, prompting fears that a new buyer would demolish the house. And if
there
is no buyer, the county would likely step in and seize the property and put a
demolition lein against it. The home is the Wynant House, 600 Fillmore, Gary,
Ind. ASB Model D101, as I recall. A sad end, really. Any thoughts, feelings,
etc?