BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"M. P. Edison" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 14:29:27 -0500
Ken wrote:
> Reminds me of the artist that wanted us to apply the paint with the
100 year
> warranty on her outdoor public sculpture and when I said I would not
warrant
> any paint for 100 years she told me a guy in California would and I
told her
> to hire him instead. Never heard from her since.

The warranty used to be "at least 100 years", so maybe they're
becoming more realistic. The question is what do they warranty?

I have seen one case study showing localized erosion in the 10-20 year
range. Warranteed? I have been made aware of another case where it is
peeling in less than 1 year.

Read the fine print. Assuming the warranty is in writing in the first
place. A 100 year warranty would have to be something like parachute
warranties. "Should your parachute fail to open, bring it back and
we'll give you another one".

Edison Coatings, Inc.
M. P. Edison
President